- For all the worrying about weather impacting job creation, Trim Tabs say real time tax receipt data (allegedly more reliable than BLS data) suggests that the economy has been picking up steam. 24/7WallStreet
- A 8.2% magnitude earthquake overnight off the coast of Chile with a 2 meter tsunami. Supposedly mining operations have not been affected buy you try to tell that to silver and gold this morning. They're not buying it (so far)
- Interesting metrics from Flurry on mobile usage today. GOOG accounts for 18% of time spent by consumers which includes YouTube, while FB is 17%. Android web browsing is losing market share, going from 20% or usage down to 14%
- Facebook apps continue to hold strength ahead of Google according to Comscore data.. Twitter's app was only used by 22.8% of U.S. smartphone users in January. 77.6% used Facebook's core app, and 27.5% Instagram. Five different Google apps were used by over 40% of users.
- The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) met it's target of 7mil signups but fell very short of the 40% of young, healthy adult subscribers 18-34 needed to keep insurance premiums at bay, says Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Expect rates to increase in 2015. Who's shocked here?