- Variant says UK's account deficit is unsustainable. (sure, just like the U.S.)
- And they've been trying to convince everyone it's a myth. New Fed report says global warming is the real deal and is "expected to become increasingly disruptive across the nation throughout this century and beyond," "Extreme weather like droughts, storms and heat waves hit us in the pocketbooks and can be seen by our own eyes" Doesn't make me want to become a farmer nor live near a river or ocean any time soon.
- JPM cuts GDP forecast from -0.4 to -0.8%
- Office Depot (OD) announced it will close 400 stores by 2016.
- Einhorn named ATHN a short yesterday at the Sohn conference. Feels medical records are extremely overvalued stating $7/share is much better than $70. Calling Athena Health a well-meaning stock caught up in a broader bubble, Einhorn says the shares "easily fall 80% or more" from their recent high. Watch peers CERN, MDSO, etc.
- Online sales vs brick and mortar. They really don't care.......as long as you buy. emarketer.com
- Workers increasingly "tapping" their 401k's as lack of jobs drags on. Increasing penalties would only dissuade their usage. A concerning trend. Bloomberg